Wednesday, May 09, 2012

WINTER SOLDIER #8 Cover


This cover is a departure from my usual painted covers, in that it is primarily a traditional ink drawing that I colored in Photoshop (as opposed to using it as the basis for a painting). There are a few places where I did paint over the black and white art, but not many. I'll be doing a bit more of this on future Winter Soldier covers, and possibly elsewhere as well.

As you can see in the line art below I forgot to draw Black Widow's belt, so I added it in while coloring.

3 comments:

S.H.I.E.L.D boy said...

Loved it!

Cannot wait to hear some news about your next project!

Guglie said...

Really like this one Steve! it turned out fantastic. I like the tilted worm eye view camera angle (drew really well) and the fact you put them at the water silos basement...I love when you draw such stuff

Percy Bysshe said...

Awesome Black Widow!