Thursday, February 19, 2009

Captain America #50 Cover


(click image to enlarge)

Better late than never (or so I'm told) - here is the cover to Captain America #50. What will you find inside? Here's what Marvel's solicitations have to say on the subject:

CAPTAIN AMERICA #50
Written by ED BRUBAKER
Pencils by LUKE ROSS
Cover by STEVE EPTING
Bucky Barnes, another man out of time, is the new Captain America now...but today he's trapped in the past, because today is Bucky Barnes' birthday. See Bucky's favorite and least favorite birthdays - from the cold winters of the Depression on military bases, to the front lines of WW2 fighting alongside the Invaders, to his new mission as Cap. Oh yeah, and someone's trying to kill him. By Ed Brubaker and Luke Ross.
48 PGS./Rated T+ ...$3.99

This, and the rest of Marvel's product for the month of May 2009 can be found here.

13 comments:

Jay Boaz said...

I hope that whoever wishes Buck a happy birthday doesn't get a punch in the face...this cover sure leads me to believe he doesn't like his birthday!

Anonymous said...

Every cover always seems to get better and better. Fanatasic!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!
Awesome cover....

David Pentecost said...

Steve, I'm a late comer to your work on Captain America but I absolutely love it. Keep up the great work!

jokesterjmac said...

that is an awesome pic!
I love the high angle on him.
I'm hoping that Bucky is kept as cap. I love Steve Rogers but I have to say I personally feel like i can relate more to Barnes

S.H.I.E.L.D boy said...

Great cover mr. Epting!
I am gonna miss your artwork in my favorite book...

IADW said...

I love that cover... is it bad to say I hope Marvel turns that one into a wallpaper?

nkatradis said...

Steve, hi, this is nick katradis. a superb cover once again by the best artist drawing any book anywhere! period.
ps: I heard that you will leave the Cap title temporarily to draw a mini series by Brubaker. Please tell us some more info about it, if you are allowed to.
thanks
nick

nkatradis said...

Steve, hi, this is nick katradis. a superb cover once again by the best artist drawing any book anywhere! period.
ps: I heard that you will leave the Cap title temporarily to draw a mini series by Brubaker. Please tell us some more info about it, if you are allowed to.
thanks
nick

Lee Townsend said...

Fantastic cover Steve! really nice colours.

David said...

I love the cover.

Steve Epting said...

Sorry I'm so late responding to the comments, but thanks everybody!

Anonymous said...

I had the pleasure of meeting Steve and his wife at NYCC 2 years ago. They were both awesomem and Steve signed some books for me.
They hold a special place in my collection to this day.

-Noob
NewToComics.com